When Your Marriage Is Broken, How to Fix It & Rebuild Trust in the Relationship?
Table of Contents
How to fix your marriage when trust is broken might look, sometimes, like an insoluble problem. Was there cheating involved? How do you think your partner would admit it? How to regain trust in someone who was not faithful?
Rebuilding trust in a relationship in such cases could be arduous!
I hope you will find my article helpful. It tries to deal with several common-sense ideas and solutions most problematic couples face.
Let me remind you that there are no universal solutions; there are only various couples.
In other words, what might suit couple a could not be followed by couple b.
Broken trust. How to rebuild trust in a relationship.
Let’s put it this way: what is the most embarrassing thing you found on someone’s phone?
How can you learn to trust another person after being betrayed by a woman (or a man) who said she/he loved you?
How about this:
Is it true that a broken heart can never love again?
Does all this imply that rebuilding trust in relationships would be easy?
In a miserable marriage relationship, the lack of communication between you and your spouse can be a warning that your marriage is not working.
If you have a husband or wife who doesn’t seem to mind about this and seems downright indifferent about it, it might be time to take action.
The following is a list of the symptoms of a marriage that is losing its spark, as it is a sign that you should pay attention to.
It could mean that your matrimony is in trouble (for various marital problems, read this blog post).
Three signs that hint that your marriage would be in trouble.
1. Communication lines become hazy. Usually, when a marriage relationship is fading away, communication lines become hazy. This happens when there is constant fighting, yelling, screaming, crying or guilt trips, etc.
Then, it becomes so bad that you’re not sure if your spouse even wants to talk to you, much less be intimate with you. The lack of intimacy becomes so bad that you are left wondering if your spouse is still interested in you or not.
2. Your spouse becomes secretive about things that used to be a regular part of your marriage relationship. If you notice that your spouse seems to be hiding stuff from you, this might signify that your marriage is in trouble.
When a marriage relationship loses the spark, things like sex, intimacy, etc., become a less frequent situation due to the lack of interest from your spouse.
This can turn into resentment, where your spouse feels like you are keeping secrets from them. If you notice that, you have to ask your spouse questions instead of just assuming they know.
3. Your spouse is starting to keep odd hours. Maybe you have noticed that your spouse always seems too tired or busy to check in with you regularly. Or, you have seen that your spouse used to give you specific times to expect them, but now they seem to give you vague times like “uh, between 4:30-6.30 pm?”
At first, you might think that this is just a nuisance, but this could actually be a bad sign since it shows that your spouse is less than faithful to you. This could mean that your spouse is cheating on you, which is definitely not acceptable.
Is your spouse becoming less affectionate towards you? It may be a clue that your marriage is in trouble.
How to fix your marriage when trust is broken. How to rebuild trust in a marriage
These three signs can tell you that your marriage is in trouble and, if noticed, can give you a good notion of what to do next.
If you are observing these three signs, then you have reason to worry about your marriage.
If you ignore them, things will keep going downhill from here.
Turn this around and have a great marriage.
However, you can still turn this around and have a great marriage.
The first thing that you need to do is try to understand the nature of the problems that you are having.
Try to identify the sort of the problems, and don’t panic!
When you panic, you will try to fix the issues in the wrong way.
The nature of the issues can be ignored for a day or two.
Still, it can turn into severe pain that can destroy your marriage.
Here are more signs of a failing marriage:
You can actually fix these common signs of a failing marriage.
* Your spouse feels that you don’t love her/him anymore. This can sometimes result from cheating on you, feeling that you are not good in bed, or making them feel good about themselves. Whatever the reason, when you notice this, then you need to understand the reason behind it.
* Your spouse wants to leave you. If your spouse wants to leave you, then it means that they do not want to be with someone that they do not love anymore. This will become very obvious when she/he starts talking about it more. You can simply ignore this, but you need to be honest with yourself. If you ignore this problem, you are merely looking for excuses not to want to be with your spouse anymore.
The above common signs of a failing marriage are widespread.
They can happen in any marriage, and it is ubiquitous to want to separate or want to end the marriage.
But, you can fix it by knowing what is causing the signs and understanding your spouse’s feelings.
However, you need to ensure that you are honest with yourself.
If you aren’t happy, then you need to seek happiness.
And if you can’t find happiness, then you need to fix it because one way or another, you are going to get it either way.
How to Keep Your Marriage Fresh and Happy
Sometimes, it would be a healthy suggestion to do some online research on a particular matter. This is what I have found in a fascinating article:
“The demands of daily life can hijack your happiness and, quickly, you’re in an unhappy marriage relationship. Most often, it happens without warning. Gradually a combination of work, family obligations, children, finances, and the ups-and-downs of daily life conspire to drain a relationship of its vitality. Before long, you’re living in an unhappy marriage relationship.”
Can a marriage be saved after trust is broken? More ways to keep your matrimony.
To escape from unhappy marriages, try these five ways to keep happy.
1. Stop trying to impress your spouse. There is nothing good about an unhappy marriage relationship. If you’re trying to impress your spouse, it means you’re concerned about their opinion of you and the relationship. It’s not that you want them to like you, but you want them to recognize the good qualities. If you’re going to keep your spouse happy, stop trying to impress them!
2. Stop making constant, baseless compliments. Compliments are a way of showing your spouse you appreciate them. Sometimes we get in the habit of making endless compliments to show how grateful we are to them for being there for us. If you desire to keep your spouse happy, you do not have to make gratuitous, baseless compliments.
3. Give your spouse a chance to be mad. We often give our spouses the right kind of feedback; when they are angry, they do not return our kindness. It is a sign of intelligence for your spouse to take it in the context it is given; it is not intended as a snub or a sign of disrespect. If you want to keep your spouse happy, provide them with a chance.
4. If you want to keep your spouse happy, stop criticizing them. Criticizing is a sign of a mean person. You can share with your spouse that you were wrong in the assumptions that they made. If you want to keep your spouse happy, stop the negative behavior. Don’t be negative constantly. Being critical becomes a habit when you want to keep your spouse unhappy. Learn to compliment them and let them know that you understand why they do the things they do.
Tips For Keeping Your Spouse Happy
You have to remember that being grateful for all that your spouse does will make them love you even more.
So learn to appreciate them in all that they do.
Don’t criticize your spouse for shortcomings.
You have to realize that expressing how you feel towards your spouse is a sign of your love.
You have to focus on the things about your spouse that you love and focus on making the best of them.
You can share their flaws with them and get feedback.
You can let them know that you have understood the things they have done.
Do all these things lovingly and gently.
If you want to keep your spouse happy, you have to learn how to give to them and remember to be unselfish.
It is essential to keep them comfortable.
You should find a solution to your problems and agree on an agreement to maintain peace.
When you focus on yourself and your mental health, it makes your spouse needs to focus on yours too.
Once you get them focused on your happiness, it makes them happy too.
The problem is, when you focus on the issue, you take away their joy.
Learn to share your happiness with them and get feedback (if there was infidelity or any kind of trust betrayal involved, rebuilding your trust, although not impossible, would be a hard-fought process; remember, relationships with any other couples could lead to some serious trust broken problems).
By doing so, you have to be calm. If there is any drama, give them enough time to cool down.
It is essential to focus on the positive and let them know you appreciate their efforts.
Marital harmony (her point of view)
Do you know that your spouse has his own ideas on maintaining marital harmony or thinking on how to fix your marriage when trust is broken?
When he wants to go out to the movie alone, you tell him he is missing out (read more about relationship tips with your partner).
If you’re going to take a trip, let him know.
If he wants to change jobs, let him know it is not an issue for you.
It will not take away his happiness, and it will not push him for wanting to go on a trip with his friends.
When he changes jobs, you must support him.
Do not force him.
However, do not force him.
When you are not a pushover, he will do the same to you.
After a certain period, he will make the same sacrifice that you have already made.
This will ensure that you keep the same happiness that you have already attained.
When he is spending a lot on vacation, do not complain.
Instead, show him that it is not an issue for you.
Share the positive experiences with your spouse.
This will ensure that he will eventually go on vacation with his friends.
This will mean that you are happy and contented with the holiday that you have already undergone.
Marriage is a great blessing to the couple (more about improving your marriage here; or fighting for your marriage; click the links), but it can also be a great curse if you allow it to develop the wrong way.
It is better to keep it in the blessings category.
PS. Please, observe that English is not my first language. If it “sounds” a little bit weird, please, excuse my talent. I hope that my blog post was helpful.
Thank you for your interest! I hope you’ll read more of my exciting blog posts in this blog. Please, consider my words and advice as a personal opinion. I am no guru, and, unfortunately, I cannot guarantee happiness (in marriage or whatever situation).
Disclaimers. All photos were used from the “Captiva Collection,” People (1) and Romance, Wedding, Pregnancy by David Watson (I’ve bought the copyright). The beautiful featured image is from Canva; the Instagram quotes are from the Quote Collection; a great thanks to everyone for their work! For my content, all rights are reserved. If you could give me a Twitter share, a Youtube, Instagram, or a Facebook share, it would help me a lot; thanks!