How to deal with a cheating girlfriend is a thorny issue! There are several means of dealing with a girlfriend who is cheating on you behind your back. Most people go nuts when it comes to cheating. Yes, you shouldn’t accuse them.
Ask yourself this crucial question, has your girlfriend cheated on you before?
Has she cheated on the previous relationship?
For some people, cheating is a compulsive style that happens over and over again.
Let me continue with a great quote from this article; it is really worth reading:
“Being cheated on is basically the biggest red flag in a relationship there is. We wouldn’t recommend that any man try and fix a relationship where a woman is messing around behind his back. With that said, there’s a right way and a wrong way to go about anything, and this applies to breaking up with a girl who is cheating on you. Here’s what we think is the right way.”
Step One: If she is cheating on you, you should tell her straight up that you aren’t happy about it. You don’t have to come clean about the whole situation or make excuses about why you aren’t comfortable.
Just be honest and tell her you aren’t happy. This does two things:
- It lets her know that you are direct and straight with her. This is a sign of respect.
- It puts the ball in her court. Suppose she knows that you aren’t happy about it. In that case, she has the opportunity to either break up with her cheater or try to salvage the relationship. If she chooses to save the relationship, it is a considerable choice for her to make. If she stays, this situation is less intense because she decides to put more effort into the relationship than before.
Step Two: You should never get into another relationship while you are on your break-up with her. This is a big one. If a girl is cheating, she will either find a way to stay together with him or attempt to get him to leave her.
This is the real deal, and if she tries to start a new relationship, you should drop immediately. If she stays in the relationship, this situation will become even more intense, and you will have more stress.
Step Three: Understand that this break-up will cause your ex to become more and more distant. She will start to think less of you and the relationship.
You have to go out and make a move because she has not. It will feel incredibly stupid, but you have to go out there and take the initiative because she will not.
It will feel completely foreign, but you have to follow through. It is an uphill battle, but it is an uphill battle that you have to win. The more you control, the more she follows you.
What to do if your girlfriend cheats on you.
- Forgive yourself no matter how long it has been since the betrayal – Forgive yourself now for the mistakes you made and the things you did that contributed to the situation. Forgive yourself and take responsibility for your acts.
- Allow yourself time to mourn. As difficult as this is, you must allow yourself some quiet time. It is difficult for anyone to grieve over someone they love, especially if they were cheated on. Allow yourself some time to go over it in your mind, trying to come to terms with it in all of its details. Be gentle with yourself. Take your time. Don’t rush yourself. This is going to take some time. It may even seem like you are not getting anywhere, but don’t let that fool you. Take your time. Just remember that it is going to get better. You will be okay.
- Take some time out – This is probably one of the most important tips of all. While dating, getting to know your partner and making your relationship deep and meaningfully make yourself go away. Get your thoughts and let yourself do the things you usually do when you are not in the middle of a relationship.
- Go out with friends – Find some relaxing hobbies that are easily achievable and don’t require much planning. Just enjoy the time you get to spend with yourself.
- Talk it out with someone else – A confidant will be the best thing for you. Someone independent, who won’t take sides, and who will be able to offer you a neutral and sensible perspective on what happened. A friend or family member is ideal. This person will give you advice about the things that worry you the most because they will know how you feel and how your partner feels. They’ll also be able to help you remember and remind you of the things you both agreed on.
- Try to get as close to someone as you can for support – No, we don’t mean your spouse. We suggest a close friend or family member. They could get hurt just as much if you were cheated on. They can offer you much-needed support, words of encouragement, and the assurance that they will be there to help you through this challenging time. Talk to them about how you feel, and don’t feel alone. People can help you through anything.
- Forgive – forget and move on – remember this tip. Forgiving someone for what you know they have done is a vital aspect of this action. Forgiving is the first level in moving on. Forgiving is where you stop the hurt and allow yourself to heal from the betrayal. Moving on is a stage in the healing process and should not be rushed. Just do it, and you will be well.
- Allow time – This is another critical aspect of the forgiveness stage. You can’t forgive and forget all at once. Take time out to do these things because forgetting can create other consequences. You need time to forgive because forgetting can lead to resentment, depression, and anger.
- Be a lighthearted person – Being an easygoing and happy person can help you feel better and help yourself to forgive because a lighter heart is a better feeling. Allowing yourself to laugh can be beneficial, as it can release tension and stress. This will also help you to start enjoying life again and to forget the past.
- Make a chart of things that cause you stress. You can use a calendar. You can use a notebook. Just make sure you keep a diagram of your concerns, things that are making you stressed out. This is not a good time. It is not healthy to be in this mindset. It is possible to have different opinions and do not get what you want. However, these things are essential to overcome this type of emotional trauma. You are allowed to have them, and they are okay to have. Remember that it’s not the ideas you have; it is the ideas you get from the people around you. It is okay to try and argue. Remember that you are allowed to be wrong and to learn and grow. Remember that you can get better. Don’t ever deny your emotions.
- Learn from your mistakes – Remember, you are not the first person to go through this. This is not a one-time event. If your relationship ends, then it will happen again. So learn from your situation and learn from what has happened in the past so that you don’t have to replicate the same mistakes. Forgiving is something that you should practice. Doing these things will make your own situation more bearable, and you can start forgiving yourself as well.
How to deal with a cheating girlfriend. How to cope with cheating.
You may think that these are easy steps, but they are really not.
They are challenging.
That is why you need to do them regularly and daily.
If you don’t know how to fix your marriage after cheating, please, read this fascinating article. You would find lots of common sense and valuable advice.
New challenges are on the horizon for you.
As your relationship comes to an end, there are new challenges on the horizon for you.
The next step is to move on.
I also know the feeling that you may have because I have been there.
It feels like your entire world is falling apart. And that you may never get your life back.
The thing is, in order to move on, you have to forgive yourself first. Forgiveness is a key ingredient for you to start moving on. And that is the foundation of the new relationship you are trying for.
It is an indispensable part of the process of healing.
What to do if your girlfriend cheats on you? You also have to learn to laugh again.
And this may be hard for you. It is so vital to the healing process. Many have told me that it feels like it is stuck in their throat even if they laugh.
They then had to try harder to get it out. And they would have to work harder also, for them to laugh again.
So keep going with the process of laughter. It is one of the critical ingredients of forgiveness.
…But you still love her? Let go of the past.
And to reach the point of forgiveness, you have to let go of the past. You have to let go of all the things that are attached to the past.
You have to let go and let God and the spiritual forces and everything else that can help you move on. And after this, you have to do the things you have to do regularly to forgive yourself.
I was not able to explain to you all of these. I did it as a small piece of advice for you. And all of this would only matter if you want your life to be changed. To reach a new relationship, there are many things that you need to do.
What is really important is that you know the facts. And you have to do them correctly.
Talk to your friends but be careful. Learn the signs of cheating girlfriend psychology.
The people you try to work things out with or the people you hire to help you will find it very troublesome to cope with stress and will cause you additional stress. You will cause them to work even harder, and you will get less for it (This is the basics of dealing with a cheating girlfriend or partner).
The people you hire ( if you would choose the hiring solution) will have to convince you to keep them. So if you like, ask yourself, am I using this person to convince me not to let him/her down? If so, you might want to reconsider.
Remember that you can go out and have fun, get drunk, gamble, and make poor choices.
Stress is a good thing.
Remember that you can take good care of yourself. The choices that you make can be better or worse, but you have control over your preferences. How to deal with a cheating girlfriend might be a challenging situation.
You should try and stress your life, the choices you make, the choices you can make. Try to stress your personal growth, the growth you can make, and the growth you deserve.
Remember to relax. Remember why you got married.
Try and focus on the valuable things because you will not have them forever (some more fascinating stuff on how to deal with a cheating girlfriend here and here; click the links, and they will open new tabs in your pre-existing browser).
The things that you can control, the things that you can get better at. The choice is simple.
How to deal with a cheating girlfriend?
Choose to grow, learn, and improve, and you will have more things that you can celebrate in your life, and you will take care of yourself. If you choose the path of least resistance, and you do not push against it, it will not accept you.
So choose the path of resistance because you are taking a stand, and you are proactive.
I know that you said you would try and improve, and you would do your best.
I am with you. I want you to be happy and healthy.
I am with you. I want you to be happy and healthy, and you deserve it. And I also want you to have your very best life, and I will work on it with you, and you will not regret it.
I want you to have a marriage that is fair, and friendly, and supportive. I want you to have a caring, kind, loving, confident, and honest spouse. I want you to have a spouse who respects you, loves you, admires you, and wants you to be happy. I want you to have the best life, and you will have it.
I want you to have the two best people in your life. I want you to have a life partner who will not only add to your life but will enhance it, enrich it, and make it a wonderful experience. I want you to treasure your relationship and want you to enjoy it, and I will work on it and be proactive on it, and it will help you.
I want you to have a relationship that will last and help you along your journey, and I will take the lead in helping you. I want you to have great children and a relationship with them that is caring, respectful, loving, and supportive. I want you to have your family, and I will work on it with you, and it will help you with your children, and you will not regret it.
I want you to be happy, and I will make it happen. I want you to be healthy, and I will do my best. I want you to have a beautiful relationship, and I will make it a wonderful experience.
I want you to be successful, and I will work on it, and I want you to be happy.
I want you to be the best, I will work on it, and I want you to love, and I will love, and I will be there and help you.
I want you to be loved and take the lead in love. I want you to be a priority in life, and I will help you be everything you want and be everything you deserve, and you will not regret it.
Or, if you intend to get your partner back…
That is really it, three steps to get him or her back, but there is much more to it than that. As I said, there are three areas where you have to focus on with regards to the break up:
* Heading it off, getting a divorce, getting her back the right way
* The first meeting
* The second meeting
* The first meeting is a must.
So many guys let this one slip. It is vital to the second meeting and beyond. This is the meeting where you show her the relationship was not an overwhelming mistake.
You must go in prepared and ready to answer any questions or objections that she may have.
This will help him, or her feel comfortable in the relationship again, even if only for a brief period. There is nothing worse than explaining something to someone when they don’t get it. You have to make this easy on them.
* Heading it off, getting a divorce, bringing her back the right way.
You need to be calm and poised in this meeting. Don’t fight with her.
This is not the time to defend your honor, but you need to come off with a very positive attitude. You should not try to reason with her or talk her out of leaving.
This is where the calm demeanor of a professional helps you the most. It may not work the first time.
But a professional will give you good tips on how to handle this in the future. The professional may help you avoid a situation where you have to fight with her.
And if she does leave, her leaving means that you have returned to a positive attitude again.
* The second meeting.
You have to remain calm in front of her. You need to appear that you have all this programmed.
Don’t go off-topic or reveal things that you know she has asked about.
Don’t try to make her pity you for all of the stupid things you did. These are the basics of how to deal with a cheating girlfriend or wife, or partner.
Just stay calm and ready for the follow-up questions and get her back the right way. This is crucial if you want to maintain a friendship when the break-up is official.
A friendship must be preserved, even if it’s only casual.
You need to remember that a friendship is a romantic relationship.
This should be a fun relationship.
Your friendship is not a business relationship. It is not a relationship where you worry about how much debt you have or how much money you have in the bank.
Friendships need to be fun and lighthearted.
It must be easy to be with her and easy for her to be with you. If it’s not, it can’t be a friendship. A friendship is not about doing her favors and giving her all of your time and attention.
It is not about competing with her for her affection.
You are friends because you care for each other, not because you want to harm her.
Take steps to keep the romantic spark going.
If both of you have decided to give it another chance, a new, marvelous beginning, it might be a fabulous solution to start from a few years ago effectively.
You don’t have to buy flowers or try to keep the candles lit. You can simply find things to do together that make you smile and give you the feeling that you are once again living the wild and romantic life of your childhood.
You can take a walk together, go to the beach, take a bicycle ride, ski together, play board games, or do any other activity that makes you happy and excited.
In the beginning, just going out and doing simple things together will help the relationship to feel exciting again. By restoring the closeness you had early in the relationship, you can work on getting the excitement back. For more on this topic, please see my other article entitled “Keeping the Romance Alive.”
Try this: my girlfriend cheated on me, but we are still together.
I have yet to meet a person whose marriage is entirely smooth. In fact, I have met hundreds of people whose marriages have been on the rocks for some time.
I would be surprised if you haven’t found yourself in a troubled marriage at some point.
But, there are things you can arrange to repair your relationship with the person you have loved for so long.
It isn’t easy, but you will soon feel a closeness and passion that you haven’t thought about for a long time if you do it.
Frequently Asked Questions
You don’t have to let her have the last word. But make sure that she knows that you do want a new relationship and that you have doubts about the relationship as is. Do not let her feel that you are avoiding her entirely. After all, she is the one who cheated on you. She may be going out with other people and even thinking about other men. However, she is still trying to keep the relationship as friends.
Be sure that there are no children or financial agreements in this break-up. You have to be absolutely sure that you have a great reason why you want a new relationship. Not only that, but you also have to be careful that you know how to make it up with someone else to be more effective. If you cannot find a perfect match, you need to learn the skills to be effective again.
Have a frank discussion about the break-up, but keep things friendly. You do need to make sure that she understands the situation, but you do not have to get into why you think the relationship isn’t working out.
It is best if you are not alone when you talk about this. If your friends are willing to join in the conversation, then you are in the right place. You can discuss all the details about the problems and how you can resolve them. This will allow you to discuss your feelings and thoughts about what is wrong with the relationship. Just do not let her realize that you are avoiding her so that she can think that you do not care about the relationship any longer.
Never let her think that you do not want a new relationship. You do have to understand the problem and have a solution so that you can be more effective. When you can find a solution, it will show your lover that you are serious about the break-up. Just do not let her think that you do not care about her anymore. It will take some time to find someone else, so you have to be sure that you will be more effective. It is best to be on the phone for many days together until you can locate a perfect person.
1. Let them know that you aren’t happy. If she can open up to you about this, she will be looking for another guy who can open up to her about the same thing. This means that the next guy has to take some responsibility for setting a precedent. It means he has to talk about it and accept that she is the one who is upset. He has actually to admit that he was involved in the situation. This is the right way to go about breaking up with someone who is cheating on you.
2. Tell her in a calm tone that you are madly in love with her, but you have issues with her. Tell her that you can be very generous with your feelings but don’t want to anymore be involved in her relationship. The key here is to make her understand that you don’t want to be in her situation. You don’t need to beg or plead. Simply say you’re madly in love with her and that you can be generous with your feelings. This is the right way to break up, but it doesn’t have to be an argument.
Disclaimers. The featured image (if any in this post) is from Pixabay; it is featured in Canva; a great thanks to everyone for their excellent work! An email and a link would also contribute if you could give me some Twitter share, a Youtube, Instagram, a Facebook share, or other social media and communication or email. I hope; it will help a lot! The affiliate disclosure is on the disclaimer page.
PS. Please, consider my ‘wise and intelligent’ considerations cum grano salis. I am not an expert or a source in a girlfriend cheating story. Like you, I have read many success stories of going forward couples or open relationship experiments. If your girlfriend cheats or if your girlfriend cheated already, that’s a totally another class of problems than if you are in a happy relationship (I might need to write an article on this topic as well).
They are nothing else than personal opinions. I am no guru, and, unfortunately, I cannot, therefore, guarantee happiness (in wealth or marriage or couple relationship or happiness or mental health, whatever situation). If you are planning some severe consequences, see a lawyer, please; my advice or words or jokes or whatever associations couldn’t in any way or form replace a thorough qualified legal opinion; act very wisely, please.
I hope you have greatly enjoyed reading my blog post, “How To Deal With a Cheating Girlfriend. Do You Love Her?” All rights reserved. The images are from the “People Collection, People (3) Female (1),” and Romance by David Watson; the Instagram image is from the volume ‘Quotes ‘by the same author (I’ve got the copyright).